Please read the Conditions of Hire, below, before completing the Booking Form.
To download the Conditions of Hire in Portable Document Format (.pdf), please go to the bottom of this page.
Note: In the document below, if you click on a link (shown in blue), return to this page by clicking the back arrow on the linked site (not the X on the tab).
Sheriff Hutton Village
Special Conditions of Hire
Note: These conditions are supplemental to, not a replacement for, the hall’s ordinary conditions of hire and are to be
read in conjunction with the hall COVID-19 risk assessment. The primary purpose of these additional conditions is to minimise risk of transmission of COVID-19. We appreciate the
restrictive nature of these additional conditions. These are intended to communicate everyone’s role in making the hall COVID19 secure. We may review these conditions as Government
guidance changes, and once we see how things are working at the hall. Please contact the Chair of Operations, Sarah Douglas on 01347 879038 or 07854 801260 if anything is not clear to you.
These conditions will be reviewed and revised as needed.
Sheriff Hutton Village Hall is referred to us as “us / we”
Person completing the booking form or other person named on booking form is “you / the hirer”
People attending your event are referred to as “your participants”
- COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR PARTICIPANTS: We all have a shared responsibility to
minimise risk or transmission of COVID-19. You need to communicate to your participants the sections of these additional conditions that are relevant to them, before their attendance at your
event. You will be responsible for ensuring those attending your activity or event comply with these terms and conditions specific to COVID-19 while entering and occupying the hall.
- PEOPLE WHO ARE ALREADY UNWELL OR BECOME UNWELL: You need to ensure that everyone likely to attend
your activity or event understands that they MUST NOT DO SO if they or anyone in their household has had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 7 days. Also, if they develop symptoms within 7 days of
visiting the premises, they MUST tell you, as well as following current Government advice for those who may have COVID-19. As a matter of urgency, you then need to contact the Chair of the Operations
Group, Sarah Douglas, on 01347 879038 or 07854 801260 to let us know that there has been a potential case of COVID-19 in the Village Hall.
- NHS TEST AND TRACE REGISTER - It is still mandatory
for the Village Hall to keep a register of visitors to the hall for 21 days after each visit, to be compliant with Test and Trace. We are subject to a fine if we do not do this.
Therefore, the hall is required to display a QR code for visitors to use to log their visit to the hall for NHS Test and Trace. It is not mandatory for
people to have the app or log in using the QR code, but is strongly advised. Anyone who does not use the app, must be invited to register. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/venues-required-to-enforce-rule-of-6-nhs-qr-code-postersand-contact-logs
- REGISTER: You the hirer, or your designated health and safety person
(named on booking form) need to keep a legible register of the names and contact details all people attending your event, plus time of arrival and departure and retain this register for 21 days after
the date of your event in case Test and Trace need to contact your participants. After 21 days, please dispose of the register securely in line with GDPR guidelines.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: This is now advisory rather than mandatory.
Maximum room capacity for each space at the hall is still set at levels indicated by the fire regulations, but we are encouraging hirers to consider 50% of the maximum for each space to enable people
who wish to, to be able to socially distance. These figures are: Main Hall - 71 standing / dancing and 100 seated; Refreshments Room - 14; Committee Room –
8; Kitchen - 3.
- HYGIENE: We are providing wall mounted, hands free sanitiser dispensers
by the entrance and exit to the hall. We will also provide table-top hand sanitiser in each hireable room. Please encourage your participants to use sanitiser on entry and exit from the hall
and as appropriate during the activity. There are also handwashing facilities available in all toilets and the kitchen.
- SERVING FOOD OR DRINKS: If you intend to serve participants with food and/or
drink during your hire you will need to specify in your Risk Assessment what measures you will take to minimise the risk of transmission of COVID-19 through the food and/or drink served.
- MASKS: You and your participants are required to follow current
Government guidance with respect to the wearing of masks in indoor public spaces. While masks are currently not mandatory, we encourage people to wear masks, especially when moving around the
hall. See the following document for more information.
- RISK ASSESSMENT: You have been provided with a copy of the hall’s COVID-19
risk assessment and you undertake to comply with the actions identified in that risk assessment.
- YOUR RISK ASSESSMENT: We encourage you to do a risk assessment for your
hire, to think through how to minimise the risk of Covid transmission. If you would like help with this, please let us know.
- HIRE THE ROOMS YOU WISH TO ACCESS: You may only access those rooms
which you have hired, plus toilets. All other spaces will be locked and inaccessible. Any hired space always has access to at least two fire exits apart from the committee room which only
has one door in and out.
- MANAGING SHARED AREAS: There may be times when two regular hires are in
the building at the same time. You consent to the Booking Secretary giving the other hirer your contact details, so you can liaise between you about managing risk (e.g. arrival and leaving
- CLEANING: The hall will be cleaned on average, once a week, and where
possible tables and chairs will be cleaned between hires. We cannot afford to clean the hall professionally more frequently. Therefore, we will provide a box of cleaning equipment in the gent’s
changing room. You will be responsible for cleaning any surfaces likely to be touched during your period of hire before other members of your group or organisation arrive and
again at the end of your hire. Please wipe up any spillage under the hand sanitiser stations. We will extend the hire period by an hour, without charge, to make this cleaning
possible. Please take care when cleaning electrical equipment. Use cloths - do not spray! We will post the hire diary for the month in the foyer so you can see when the hall
was last used.
- VENTILATION: You are asked to keep the premises well ventilated
throughout your hire, with windows and doors open as far as convenient. You will be responsible for ensuring they are all securely closed on leaving.
- You need to request the amount and type of furniture you require for your event on the booking form. You will not be able to access
the furniture store to get out more furniture. For cleaning purposes, only plastic chairs will be available. All curtains that could be touched, have been taken down.
- You are asked to position furniture or the arrangement of the room as far as possible to facilitate social distancing between
- RUBBISH: You will be responsible for the disposal of all rubbish created
during your hire, including tissues and cleaning cloths, and dispose of this rubbish first into the bag provided and then into the large bin outside.
- KITCHEN USE AND EQUIPMENT: Where appropriate, please encourage participants
to bring their own drinks and food. If providing food and drink, you will be responsible for ensuring that all glass, crockery, and cutlery is washed in hot soapy water, dried and stowed away. To
reduce risk of contamination between hires, there will be no oven gloves, tea towels or dish cloths provided by the hall, so please bring, and remove your own. We will provide washing up
- CLOSING THE HALL: We will close the hall if there are safety concerns
relating to COVID-19, for example, if someone who has attended the hall develops symptoms and thorough cleansing is required or if it is reported that the Special Hiring Conditions above are not
being complied with, whether by you or by other hirers, or in the event that public buildings are asked or required to close again. If this is necessary, we will do our best to inform you promptly
and you will not be charged for cancellations we make.
- SOMEONE BECOMING UNWELL WHILE AT THE HALL: In the event of someone
becoming unwell with suspected COVID-19 symptoms while at the hall, you need to:
- bring your activity to an immediate close.
- Separate the ill person from the rest of the group – the gent’s changing room is the area designated for this
- Before sending everyone else home, ensure you have accurate and legible contact details for everyone present.
- Monitor the unwell person until they can be transported home or to hospital.
- Place all used tissues in a plastic bag that is then sealed and disposed of in the rubbish bin outside.
- Use hand sanitiser and when you get home, launder all your clothes.
- As a matter of urgency, you then need to contact the Chair of the Operations Group, Sarah Douglas, on 01347 879038 or 07854 801260
to let us know that there has been a potential case of COVID-19 in the Village Hall.
To download Conditions of Hire, click the links below
To download the Hall's Covid-19 Risk Assessment and a Hirer's Risk Assessment Form in Portable Document Format (.pdf), please click on the links below